Patients With Disabilities
We will strive to provide access to health screening, assessment and treatment for patients with disabilities, their families and carers.
We will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments for disabled people, to enable them to access services more effectively, eg:-
- Provide a ramp to allow ease of access for wheelchair users
- Allow patients with guide dogs into the Practice
- Approach someone directly who is hard of hearing, rather than repeatedly calling their name in the waiting area
- If someone has difficulty using stairs, arranging for them to be seen in a downstairs consulting room
- Ensuring that the Practice is well lit, particularly after dark
- Allowing disabled patients to be dropped off and collected from our front drive.
We do not have on-site parking for patients. However, there is plenty of space to park in surrounding streets.